Towering mountains, pristine lakes, hotsprings, sunny skies and some of the best motorcycling roads on the continent surround the village of Nakusp the “friendliest small town in British Columbia”. What a place for an old fashioned BMW motorcycle rally! See the Nakusp and region website for other places to stay while at the rally and other area information. We will gather in the Village Campground on the edge of this perfect little town. Enjoying the company of fellow Beemer enthusiasts in the shady campground, visit the hotsprings, walk around the town, participate in events or just kicking back in your Kermit chair. Note that cell phone coverage is limited in Nakusp. Only Telus, Bell and related carriers provide service. Check with your cell phone company for more information.
Distances & Travel Times – YMMV 😉
- From Laurier WA to Nakusp via Hwy 3 (Crossnest Pass) and Hwy 6 – 140 miles, approx. 3.5 hours
- From Frontier WA via Hwy 6 – 119 miles, approx. 3 hours
- From Vancouver BC via Hwy 1 (Coquihalla Hwy) – 634 kms, approx. 8.5 hours
- From Vancouver BC via Hwy 3 (Crowsnest Pass) – 762 kms, approx. 11 hours
- From Calgary AB via Hwy 1 (Trans-Canada Hwy) – 514 kms, approx. 7 hours
- From Calgary AB via Hwy 3 (Crowsnest Pass) – 762 kms, approx. 10 hours