Home Forums Welcome to the Forum General Discussions Some direction would be appreciated

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Richard Foster
      Participant

Replies viewable by members only

Nancy Joyce
      Participant

Hi Richard,
      I’m certainly not an expert but can provide some insight. If you’re in the Vancouver area I would go into some shops to figure out what helmets fit you best. Buy what works for you. I ride a BMW and have owned 2 in my 20 years of riding. I love the motorcycles. What kind of riding do you want to do? On/off road? Just on road touring? Everyone has a favourite but it really depends on what you plan on doing with the motorcycle.

High Road (Langley or Vancouver) have a good selection of gear and you may want to check them out – the stuff they offer is quality so you may pay a bit more… but what value do you put on safety?

You could attend a meeting (once the pandemic allows us to meet) and ask these questions.

Best wishes in your quest.

NJ

Eric Hutton
      Participant

Renewing Member

Richard,
      Welcome aboard,
      I have been riding for well over 50 years and like Nancy I’m no expert. I spent many
      Many hours online doing due diligence. Revzilla was a go to place for gear reviews for me.
      I have an Olympia jacket/pant set and a revitt mesh jacket. In my opinion BMW gear is pretty cool looking but
      also very expensive for me.
      I like having a peak on my helmet so I have a Schuberth adventure.
      The bike show was a good place to browse but I’m not sure that’s happening again.
      I ride the 2014 1200 gs which I and seriously thinking of selling and down sizing a bit.
      There is a mega ton of information in the minds of our members. I hope you get to
      Pick their brains soon.
      Cheers
      Eric

Richard Foster
      Participant

Hello Nancy, thank you so much for your comments and insights, it’s really appreciated. Is Rubberside down a reputable company for quality gear?

Kindest Regards

Richard

Richard Foster
      Participant

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your comments and direction. I’m definitely interested in your bike. This is the model I have been looking at to purchase. I was going to rent a smaller bike this summer to get my riding back into check and hopefully get a few rides in with the club. I do love the look of the Adventure Sport bike as I believe it will fit my needs. I rode mostly dirt/road bikes back in the day and now my body is looking towards comfort and nice back country riding. Safety and comfort are extremely important to me and I’m so pleased to be able to join this club. The wealth of knowledge and willingness to share information is already appreciated. Thank you so much for the helmet and jackets recommendations too.

I look forward to meeting and chatting in the days ahead.

Kindest Regards

Richard

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.