Home Forums Welcome to the Forum General Discussions Riding Insurance in Europe (not Tour Companies)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

John Marchant
    Participant

My wife and I are discussing going to Europe and, either buying a motorcycle over there, or shipping a Canadian Bike. I’ve yet to talk to ICBC, but I’m willing to bet they won’t have anything to do with the “Ship to Europe and leave it there for a few years” option.

I have found an Irish motorcycle dealer/supplier/??? (https://motofeirme.com/about/) and wonder if anyone in BeeCee Beemers has experience with this company. It is our intention to tour Europe for six months of the year, leaving the bike there and returning from time to time. We both have dual, Canadian/Irish Citizenship and this seems like a good fit.

Our problem is that we are experiencing some difficulty in sourcing European Comprehensive/Fire&Theft insurance. It appears that 3rd party Liability Insurance is readily available, but that’s it.

Can anyone comment?

Cheers,
    March

Eric Hutton
    Participant

The first thing that come to my mind is Hatton Insurance in Duncan. He has raced internationally and may be of help.
    Cheers!

William Hardwick
    Participant

The first time I shipped a bike to Europe I bought European Comprehensive/Fire & Theft insurance from Motorcycle Express (see Horizons Unlimited website). It was not cheap and after the first trip I relied on a chain, cover and so common sense.

Try the following:

Motorcycle Express in New Jersey
    Knopftours in Heidelberg
    Mototouring in Milan

ICBC was useless in providing information and their coverage is of no use over seas. Only need it to ride to the shipper or airport.
    Good luck & safe travels
    William P Hardwick

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.