Home Forums Welcome to the Forum General Discussions Policy for Advertising the Sale of a Bike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Shep
    Participant

I have a friend (not a member of this club) who has a bike for sale. May I list this bike on our site? May I put his email and telephone number on our site? May I add this information to the monthly email sent out by the president?
    Thanks
    Shep

Eric Hutton
    Participant

Any info on this bike?

Grant Fengstad
      Keymaster

Hi Eric,

The only issue in posting on behalf of a friend is whether or not is whether it may pose an issue for privacy. Members can post on the forum as it uses their profile as part of the posting and it if a person is posting for themselves, there is no issue of privacy.

I will bring this up to the Club executive and try to get back to you.

Shep
    Participant

Has there been any more discussion/decision on my question of posting a bike for sale by a non-member through a member?
    Thanks
    Shep

Grant Fengstad
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

I did bring this request to the Executive. Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. The club recently had their AGM and a there was some changesw.

The use of the Bee Cee Beemers website and associated tools, such as the forums is meant primarily for the membership. As such, we can not permit non-member posts on the website. There are plenty of ‘publicly’ available sites that cater to that need.

Thanks for your understanding.

Shep
    Participant

Thank you
    S

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.