Home Forums Welcome to the Forum Motorcycle Specific K-Series K1200 GT Dark Blue Metallic paint and Panel repairs

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Rick Marriott
      Participant

Renewing Member

Hi,

I’m doing some repair and maintenance on the body panels and hard case covers for my BMW 2003 K1200GT. Does anyone know of a source for the dark blue metallic paint used on this series and year of bike? BMW is very thorough, so I can probably find a paint code is necessary.

Also, I may need some help with the fiberglass repair work on one of my side cases. Can anyone recommend a shop or competent home business for this kind of work?

I live in Langley and work in Langley, so the closer the better.

So far I’ve been directed to local auto body shops for having paint mixed from a sample – no luck yet, but they will paint the panels at $500 to $600 each panel, but no touch-up paint and no fiberglass repair work.

Rick Marriott
      Participant

Renewing Member

Thought I’d leave a note here just to follow-up:

The hard cases can be purchased as separate parts although the painted half is expensive!! I’m going to refinish my old one.

“Colorrite.com” can provide paint codes, touch-up paint and more for BMW’s

Bike FX in Surrey is recommended for professional results but haven’t been there yet.

BTW,…..I like riding better than repairing, but sometimes you just have to.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.