Home Forums Welcome to the Forum General Discussions BMW System 7 Carbon Helmet

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Grant Fengstad
    Keymaster

This new helmet from BMW looks very promising. Full carbon fibre design with removable chin guard. Plays both as a full face modular and 3/4 helmet.

Also has integrated BMW communications system available as an option.

Really curious who the manufacturer is. For the System 6, it was Schuberth. Makes sense that it continues to be Schuberth but I’ve also heard rumour that it could be Nolan.

Has anyone heard anything about it?

BMW System 7 Carbon Helmet

Grant Fengstad
    Keymaster

Ok.. so it appears that this helmet will be available in April this year for sale. I have heard that pricing starts at around $750 CDN for the solid colour helmets and just shy of $1000 for the graphic designed helmets.

Unofficially, I have also heard that the manufacturer is AGV and not Schuberth for this one.

Grant Fengstad
    Keymaster

Looks like a very good looking helmet.

BMW System 7 Carbon Helmet

Grant Fengstad
    Keymaster

So.. in March the local dealer (Vancouver BMW Ducati) said that they had 14 on order and that they were scheduled to arrive in April. Called them last week and now they are saying they won’t be here until July or so. Anyone hear anything else?

Grant Fengstad
      Keymaster

Ok.. latest update is that the helmets will begin shipping to Canada in May.

Grant Fengstad
    Keymaster

Well.. May has basically come and gone and now it is looking to be more mid-June.

Grant Fengstad
    Keymaster

Ok.. so I ordered a new Carbon 7 Helmet – Graphic (Hi-Vis) version. Dealer indicates that it will not likely be ready until near end of July.

davidbailie
    Participant

I look forward to taking a look at your Grant, when it arrives. My helmet is only 2 years old so it’s perhaps a bit early for me to be looking to buy a new one.

But I can always talk myself in to new goodies.

Grant Fengstad
    Keymaster

So, the helmet is scheduled to be in central distribution (Germany) on July 21st. According to Highroad Vancouver (Vancouver BMW Ducati), if that date is met then it should be at the dealer about 10 days later. What a journey – I started this in October of last year.

I also ordered the BMW Communications unit when I place my order for the helmet. I was told at that time that the Comm units may be delayed and that they could not provide an estimated date – this was in April. Well, to my surprise I found out on Friday that the Comm unit had arrived – I picked it up yesterday from the dealer. Hopefully that is a good sign that the helmet will show up as expected. They have received more Carbon 7 helmets, albeit not with the graphics design but it did afford me the opportunity to try on the XL (60/61) to ensure the fit was good… wow, does this helmet ever feel good and it is really, really light. Last thing of note: While I was initially looking to order the Prime graphics version (blue / silver), I thought different when my wife reminded me that my gear is mostly black / yellow (Hi-Vis). Ended up going for the hi-vis version.

BMW Carbon 7 - HI-Vis Helmet

Allan Vallis
    Participant

You should have just bought an Arai. 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.