Home Forums Welcome to the Forum Marketplace Cylinder head guards for BMW 1250 GS, GSA, RT, R, and RS Reply To: Cylinder head guards for BMW 1250 GS, GSA, RT, R, and RS

Mark Peck

Hummm… I can’t seem to see what I just posted, so just in case, here’s the information again:

For sale – Cylinder head guards for BMW 1250 GS, GSA, RT, R, and RS:
– Brand new, never installed or used (accidentally bought two sets)
– Easy to install (I have the second set on my 1250 GSA)
– $200 CAD (new price is US $225 plus taxes, shipping and duty, so ~ $400 CAD)
– Mark at 604-340-6039 or markjspeck@gmail.com

From the Machineartmoto website: https://machineartmoto.com/products/x-head/x-head-1250/

“The new X-Head 1250 cylinder head guards for all 2019/2020 Shift Cam engine models continue the Tough Polymer protective technology that’s been successfully proven in use over three generations of X-Heads.

Designed for the GS, GSA, RT, R, and RS, X-Head’s thick, high impact strength injection molded shell is slightly ductile to prevent breakage. In between the shell and the cylinder head is a thick thermoplastic rubber liner that aids in dissipating impact force while preventing hard contact. Each side mounts easily with 3 stainless steel M5 T25 Torx Head screws provided.

X-Head 1250 covers 70% of the face of the head to protect not only the bottom/front initial impact area, but also the mid part of the cylinder head. Even in a stationary drop, inertia can cause a bike to roll partially onto the face of the head before it settles down.

X-Head 1250 are styled to complement the Shift Cam engines”