Home Forums Welcome to the Forum General Discussions Riding Insurance in Europe (not Tour Companies) Reply To: Riding Insurance in Europe (not Tour Companies)

Robert Howell

Renewing Member

Robert Howell.

A little late in seeing this post. I shipped my 89 K75 to Europe ( Frankfurt) in 2011 for yearly rides. It is stored at Knofptours in Heidelberg. Stefan is the most informative person to talk with in regards to shipping your MC and can answer all your insurance questions.

In fairness to ICBC, their insurance coverage is only for the US, and Canada. Just like taking your vehicle to Mexico, you have to buy Mexican Insurance. My bike has its BC plate, and for $18, you keep the Registration current to keep all your paper work up to date for Customs, and Police. Also you must buy the Euro Green Card 3rd Party Liability Insurance. Buying a bike in Europe is not easy, as you have to have a EU address for registration etc.

Given the age of my bike, I just get the Green Card Insurance.

I’m sure by now you have your sorted on what to do. Just curious on how it turned out.